Wednesday 27 April 2016

Costume Design - The Huntsman: Winters War

Costumes are the first impression that you have of the character before they open their mouth-it really does establish who they are. - Academy award winning Costume Designer Colleen Atwood.

I saw The Huntsman:Winters War over the weekend, and was absolutely blown away by the costumes. Every time I see a film, go to a show or walk through a mall. I am so drawn to the way things are made, appreciating the work that goes into to every detail of all the beautiful creations. 

This movie made it no exception, Colleen Atwood, did an unbelievable job once again for the sequel/prequel. Her elaborate creations consumed me, I was blown away by every scene.Enjoying the energy of the movie as well as the beautiful pieces worn by each actor. From my own perspective this was a wonderful, fantasy piece and do not understand why it didn't do as well as they had hoped.


The action was awesome, the story line was a fabulous addition to the background of Snow White and I really loved the humor in it as well. The costumes were a utter bonus for me!


Next time you enter any where, were someone has created pieces that have great detail take a look and really appreciate all the time, energy and joy that goes into them all. It really is amazing!







No comments:

Post a Comment