Tuesday 26 July 2016

Lifestyle: What's the biggest challenge right now?

Hiya Sunshine,

Do you have any challenges right now that you know if you just let that one thing go, so many more possibilities would open up for you?

Right now, I think my biggest challenge is letting go of overeating. Body image issues have been a huge part of my life and I know that it all comes down to this last hurtle of being a recovered over eater, not just recovering. 

I was with a friend the other day and she said, "You know I just always have eaten only whenever I am hungry. I never understood what the big deal was, with say an event that had a bunch of free food. Not something that ever interested me". WOW - when she explained about an event that showed up once for her in the past, I got really excited. I loooooove food so much! But it has always been a hindrance in a lot of ways for me. What I took from that is, I know I want to only eat when I am hungry, enjoy and savour food instead of allowing it to control me in a lot of ways.

When something aggravating showed up today, I immediately wanted eat something. I couldn't believe how strong the feeling was. I have been witnessing and paying way more attention to how I am feeling when I think I want food now. This is such an important thing to do! Taking a step back and distracting myself, doing something else makes a huge difference. I'd much rather make a dress then eat my feelings(lol). Not having junk or anything sweet or salty that doesn't nourish my body in the house is extremely important as well.

I made strawberry banana bread and in three days it was gone. So I know I WANT to let go of this overeating emotional habit. EVERY single day I am working on it. I know I can do this, and this is the last that I need to do. Because it isn't about the food, or gaining weight. I love my body. I am comfortable in my OWN skin. It is recognizing when I am eating with my emotions continuing the block, rather than working through my stuff.

Today is a new day and here I sit happy I said 'NO', to a doughnut and yes to me!

Remember, we are all going through something and it is so important to show up for yourself, then you can show up for others too.

I hope this serves you.

Your Designer,

Amanda Garrett





No comments:

Post a Comment